Yahoo Mail is one of the most well-known email services available. Every day, millions of individuals utilize the service, but sites with a significant number of visitors attract cybercriminals.
Changing your password on a regular basis is an excellent strategy to stay one step ahead of hackers and keep your information safe. We’ll walk you through the steps of changing and resetting your Yahoo Mail password in this comprehensive guide.
We’ve recorded the methods to change or reset your password on a desktop browser for the purposes of this post. On an iOS or Android smartphone, however, these processes will be slightly different.
Steps to change your Yahoo Mail password?
To begin, go to the Yahoo Mail sign-in page and log in using your existing credentials.
- After you’ve logged in, go to the far right-hand corner of the page and select the button that displays your name and profile image—if you’ve added a custom profile photo, it will appear on the screen. Otherwise, a basic white and grey user icon will be used.
- Select ‘Account info’ from the drop-down option that displays. This will take you to a new page with all of your account information and preferences. You’ll notice a menu with five items in the right-hand column: ‘Personal info,’ ‘Account security,’ ‘Recent activity,’ ‘Preferences,’ and ‘Help.’
- Select ‘Account security’ from the drop-down menu that appears. Then, on the left-hand side of the screen, under the ‘How to sign in’ section, select the ‘Change password’ link. You’ll be taken to the login page after that.
- On the first line, type your new password, confirm it on the next line, and then click ‘Continue.’ If your passwords are identical, you’ll see the notice below on your screen: ‘Success!
- ‘We’ve changed your password.’ To finish the process, click ‘Continue.’
- Finally, you’ll be asked to review your account recovery details. If you see any inconsistencies, make the necessary adjustments now to avoid being shut out of your account later.
How can you change the password on your Yahoo Mail account?
You may reset your Yahoo Mail password from the sign-in screen if you can’t remember it.
- To begin, go to the sign-in page as usual and input your username or email address before clicking ‘Next.’
- You’ll then be prompted to enter your current password. Ignore the message and select ‘Forgotten password?’ instead. Following that, you’ll be prompted to confirm that the phone number linked with your Yahoo Mail account is correct. If it is, select ‘Yes, send me as code’ from the drop-down menu.
- If the phone number linked with your account is no longer active or incorrect, go to the bottom of the page and click the ‘Try another way to sign in’ option. You can then confirm your identity using a different authentication method, such as a different email address.
- When you receive a code via SMS, enter it and select “Verify” assuming the initial phone number is correct. After that, check the re-captcha box and click ‘Continue.’
- You’ll be asked to create a new password and then confirm it, as described above. Click ‘Continue’ after that. If both passwords match, a notice will appear that says, “Success! Your password has been updated.” Finally, press the ‘Continue’ button.
- Before you’re returned to your email account, the account recovery information update notice from Yahoo Mail will appear on the screen. Now is the ideal moment to update your information.
Hope this article helps you in resetting your Yahoo Password, it is a very simple process but still if you have any query or need to fix any issue related to Yahoo mail. You can reach us at Yahoo Email Support Number or call us on our 24/7 toll-free number +1-844-980-4031